Digital Transformation for Energy Sector Enterprise
Transforming a paper-based reporting system into a feature-rich digital solution. A full story behind new consumption and bill management system that streamlines operations and increases customers satisfaction.
DTEK is the largest Ukrainian energy distribution system operator working to advance the health and prosperity of Ukrainian society. DTEK’s objective was to simplify electric bill management and payment systems.
Artkai helped DTEK execute an agile, digitally informed, and design-focused solution. DTEK now provides its customers with better access to detailed information, and DTEK helps its customers gain control of their energy consumption to reduce costs. The solution also allows paying for the services using several payment options available on the Ukrainian market.
- Build an online customer portal for private and business clients with multifunctional and intuitive interface for easy access to both DTEK account summary and detail information
- High security and fault tolerance requirements, stable performance under 1 million+ users per day; SAP CRM and SAP ISU integrations
- Increase the quality of the Customer Experience & services to reduce the number to support center calls
- Reduce paper consumption and operational costs, eliminate third-party transaction fees, cut red tape, and streamline operations
- The platform should be easy to use and understand, even for the elderly and not technically savvy users
• 2 UI/UX designers
• 3 Front-end engineers
• 3 Back-end engineers
• SAP WebServices
• Solutions Architect
• 2 QA engineers
• Project manager
• Business analyst
research and design
development and QA
DTEK. Web UI
Based on the client’s requirements, we have built a solution architecture, enabling theses functions allowing to:
• Effectively exchange information between front-end and back-end clusters
• Send and receive data without causing a denial of service for the SAP server under high load
• Distribute the load across all components of the system
• Cache the data needed
• Securely store user information
We conducted a series of interviews with different representatives of the target audience and an on-site workshop with the DTEK team to understand their customers' business objectives.
We summarised the results as requirements for the future platform development:
- Payments history, review the previous meter readings to see the dynamic of the energy consumption throughout a year
- Receive uncluttered, easy-to-navigate bills with all the relevant information on them and the ability to pay them remotely
- Easily keeping up with current debt, relevant fees, charges, and planned power outages
- As a result - to create positive customer interactions and simplify communication and information sharing. Avoiding talking on the phone in case of a power outage or any other issue
DTEK. Mobile UI
Energy consumption management
- Report meter readings
- Review historical usage information, yearly and monthly usage data and energy-efficiency benchmarks
- Receive efficiency tips, learn about rebates,
and sign up for energy-efficiency consultations
Electronic bills and payments management
- Analyze bills, compare rates, pay online, view payment history, make billing queries, and view payment options
- Contact support via digital channels on bill-related questions
- Enter and log customer service requests anytime and check the status on the go
- Manage supply contracts when changing residency
- Connect in real-time with the operator and receive status updates on self-services
Upgrade your user experience with our expert UX/UI design team.
We created a design system to accommodate the needs of different age groups of the target audience. We tested multiple fonts, font sizes, contrast levels, and color schemes. We also carefully chose a large primary font size to ensure content readability for older audiences.
DTEK. Desktop and mobile
UI decisions that make sense
Increased in the number
of concluded contracts for electricity consumption
(Customer Satisfaction Score)
reduced the number of requests to the customer support center
Explore articles from Artkai - we have lots of stories to tell
Join us to do the best work of your life
Together we advance the human experience through design.