A multifunctional CRM system for real estate
We built a feature-rich cloud-based solution that helps to keep all sales and job-related info in one convenient and safe place. This CRM system connected contractors and home improvement pros, and helped to complete more jobs seamlessly.
We cooperated with a corporate client from the USA who wanted to develop a management software helping contractors and home improvement pros automate routine processes.
The idea was to build an all-in-one CRM system that can be used for sales, marketing and management purposes. That solution also required integrations with the best productivity and accounting tools.
To turn this ambitious idea into a reality, our team conducted a discovery, explored different design options, and then built a customer-centered CRM that satisfied both our client and users.
- Complete a holistic discovery to align business goals and user needs, prepare tech requirements and product roadmap.
- Create a user-centered design of a CRM system with an intuitive UX and unique visual identity. The design should meet industry-specific standards and provide simple onboarding.
- Build a custom CRM system and perform integration with industry’s best solutions for accounting and management.
• 2 UI/UX designers
• 2 Front-end engineers
• 2 Back-end engineers
• Software Architect
• QA specialist
• Project manager
• Business analyst
research and design
development and QA
We implemented a set of pro features for CRM users so that they can keep every crucial aspect under control.
Tools to create timelines and visualize data
Adjustable dashboards for 360° business view
A set of tools to automate processes and workflow
Automated creation of documentation
Tools to plan all sales and marketing activities
Organize, control and manage all costs
A 360-degree view
For businesses it’s crucial to see all numbers and keep them under control. So we decided to implement a customizable multi-level reporting into the CRM system.
Now CRM users can see a bunch of dashboards with all the key numbers, performance metrics, and sales overviews. With this feature it becomes easier to make data-driven business decision.
With this feature it’s impossible to miss a project deadline and lose costs. Advanced project management helps CRM users to automate communication, update of projects statuses on time, and schedule crucial reminders.
We implemented scheduling, production tracking, service management, and even commission tracking tools to maximize workflow efficiency.
During the development of this CRM system we applied our best practices. We also used several technologies and integrations that helped us make the CRM system reliable and feature-rich. Here is what we used:
- TypeScript for both front-end (React) and back-end (Node.js) parts to make source code stable and decrease future maintenance costs.
- React and React Native to speed-up front-end development and easily manage data and code between web and mobile apps.
- Amazon AWS was selected as the primary cloud service provider and Kubernetes was used on top of it for more efficient deployment.
- A combo of PostgreSQL and MongoDB databases for easier management of different types of data.
- Swagger for API documentation and testing + we’ve created a robust REST API as the main communication gateway between product parts.
UI decisions that make sense
Our team spent 9+ months on building a complex CRM system that met the vision and business goals of our client.
The client was very satisfied with how the CRM system turned out. It was visually pleasing, intuitive and offered the best set of tools for home improvement pros and contractors. After a successful product launch, our client observed how his user base started actively growing.
jobs completed and managed
in the CRM system
total sales achieved in less
than 12 months
active CRM system users, and the number keeps growing
Explore articles from Artkai - we have lots of stories to tell
Join us to do the best work of your life
Together we advance the human experience through design.